Brightpointe at Rivershire is a large nursing home located in Conroe, Texas. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades that we offer. This turned out to be the highest rated nursing home in Conroe. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's exemplary report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Brightpointe at Rivershire
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Only a select group of nursing homes fared better in this category. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This score is considered to be a fair measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brightpointe at Rivershire?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. Adding to its superb profile, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, it received a grade of of A for the area. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home was given a highly favorable nursing score. We awarded it an A- in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. In computing our nursing scores, we weigh both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brightpointe at Rivershire Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients that had urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 4.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brightpointe at Rivershire, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Conroe, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Conroe, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare ConroeAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away504 Medical Center Blvd Conroe Texas 77304Proprietary(936) 539-1111
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 16.24 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 17.96 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.28 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- River Park Dialysis0.44 miles away2010 South Loop 336 West Suite 200 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 12 (936) 760-3333
- Conroe Dialysis1.79 miles away233 Interstate 45 North Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 16 (936) 760-2240
- College Park Dialysis5.44 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- North Conroe Dialysis6.22 miles away3211 Interstate 45 N Suite 500 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 16 (936) 756-9400
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center7.65 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.9.11 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.9.14 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- Cypress Creek Dialysis10.28 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262