Brighton Gardens of Tampa is a small nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. This nursing home is an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the three best nursing homes in Tampa. As you will see below, this place also performed just fine in our category grades. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brighton Gardens of Tampa
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Tampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we gave this facility an A+. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Brighton Gardens of Tampa?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a first-rate long-term care score. Indeed, this ended up being this nursing home's third strongest category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 95.69892 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
For the final category we looked at, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned a B+. Inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brighton Gardens of Tampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 5.41% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 1.16% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 9.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 39.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 18.6% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 21.56% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 21.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 9.77% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brighton Gardens of Tampa, 19.85% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.03 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 12.81 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis0.43 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Dialysis2.2 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center4.34 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Usf Dialysis Center7 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Land O Lakes Dialysis7.33 miles away2100 via Bella Blvd Suite# 104 Land O Lakes Florida 34639CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 948-8157
- Temple Terrace Dialysis7.54 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Dsi - Tampa Central8.36 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa8.44 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580