Brighton Gardens of Edison is one of just a few available nursing homes in Edison, New Jersey. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all nursing homes in the United States. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong here. This nursing home was also given strong grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brighton Gardens of Edison
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Edison senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Edison, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Edison, New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Edison, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care category, where it received an elite grade of A+. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Brighton Gardens of Edison?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. There are many criteria included in this grade. Most of these criteria relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, we awarded this facility an A+ for its long-term care grade. This rounded out a very impressive report card. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brighton Gardens of Edison Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 27.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 18.75% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 100% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 3.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 12.02% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 12.02% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 8.08% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 95.8% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 0.99 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Dva Edison0.28 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Fmc Edison1.8 miles away2 Olsen Ave Edison New Jersey 08820Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 549-3286
- Davita Metuchen Dialysis2.31 miles away319 Lake Avenue Metuchen New Jersey 08840Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 906-5714
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr2.65 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Davita Woodbridge Dialysis Center3.24 miles away541 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 750-0639
- Ara Garden State Kidney Center3.45 miles away345 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 855-2100
- Davita Durham Corners3.52 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center3.7 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030