Brighton Gardens of Edison is one of five facilities located in Edison, New Jersey. Featuring an overall score of A+, this nursing home is one of the highest graded facilities in Edison. This truly is impressive since the city has plenty of quality nursing homes. Based on our assessment, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. This facility was also given phenomenal scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Brighton Gardens of Edison
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Brighton Gardens of Edison?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this facility received a top-shelf long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last category we rated, this facility was given a very favorable grade of A in our nursing category. With this score, the facility completed a straight A profile. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brighton Gardens of Edison Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 5.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brighton Gardens of Edison, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Edison, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Edison, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 0.99 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Dva Edison0.28 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Fmc Edison1.8 miles away2 Olsen Ave Edison New Jersey 08820Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 549-3286
- Davita Metuchen Dialysis2.31 miles away319 Lake Avenue Metuchen New Jersey 08840Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 906-5714
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr2.65 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Davita Woodbridge Dialysis Center3.24 miles away541 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 750-0639
- Ara Garden State Kidney Center3.45 miles away345 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 855-2100
- Davita Durham Corners3.52 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center3.7 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030