Brighton Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Pasadena, California. With an overall score of A-, this facility is one of the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. As far as we can see, this place would be a great choice for most people. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brighton Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Pasadena senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an A+ in this area. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This facility has earned near flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was assessed 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Brighton Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was awarded favorable long-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave it one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a score of B+. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is short-term care. We gave this nursing home a solid grade in that category, with a grade of B-. Although this isn't as dominant as several of this facility's other grades, it is still not the end of the world. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 3.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brighton Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brighton Care Center, 2.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brighton Care Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brighton Care Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced a UTI. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brighton Care Center, 8.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brighton Care Center, 3.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brighton Care Center, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brighton Care Center, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brighton Care Center, 7.18% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brighton Care Center, 7.35% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Brighton Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brighton Care Center, 7.35% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brighton Care Center, 9.01% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brighton Care Center, 79.25% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Pasadena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Pasadena, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-Huntington Dialysis2.65 miles away390 S. Fair Oaks Blvd. Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 564-2818
- Fmc-Liberty West Pasadena3.1 miles away757 S. Raymond Avenue Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 396-6957
- Davita-Eaton Canyon Dialysis3.1 miles away2551 E. Washington Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 798-8896
- Fmc-Arroyo Dialysis Center3.14 miles away1111 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 150 Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 441-9500
- Huntington Dialysis Center3.14 miles away806 S. Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (626) 792-0548
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis4.3 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Davita-North Glendale4.93 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center5.01 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331