AHC Bright Glade is located in Memphis, Tennessee. The city provides several nursing home options. With an overall score of C, this looks like a middle of the pack nursing home. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
AHC Bright Glade
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Memphis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher scores in that category, with an A-. This is a much better score than the facility's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded it a superb long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 32.876713 percent of its residents. This is a few points lower than we anticipated. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about AHC Bright Glade?
Next we wanted to quickly point out one of this facility's major weaknesses. In the area of nursing care, we gave this nursing home a lowly grade of F. There are many criteria within this grade. Many of these datapoints are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care, which was this facility's weakest area. It received an F in this area, which is obviously concerning. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is frequently a meaningful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. With a score of this caliber for this area, we were not shocked to learn that this facility was below average in many staffing figures we looked at. It provided far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.1 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AHC Bright Glade Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In AHC Bright Glade, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In AHC Bright Glade, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In AHC Bright Glade, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In AHC Bright Glade, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In AHC Bright Glade, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In AHC Bright Glade, 9.14% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In AHC Bright Glade, 88.31% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In AHC Bright Glade, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In AHC Bright Glade, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In AHC Bright Glade, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In AHC Bright Glade, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AHC Bright Glade, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AHC Bright Glade, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 12 other nursing homes
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 7.9 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 9.73 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc1.97 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Memphis East Dialysis2.3 miles away6029 Walnut Grove Road, Suite c003 Memphis Tennessee 38120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (901) 747-2316
- Fmc Summer2.31 miles away4569 Summer Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 15 (901) 767-0118
- Davita Memphis Southeast2.36 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.2.36 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Memphis Midtown Dialysis3.77 miles away3430 Summer Ave Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 454-0815
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC4.08 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- u.s. Renal Care South Memphis Dialysis4.12 miles away3960 Knight Arnold Rd Suite 107 Memphis Tennessee 38118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 365-6709