AHC Bright Glade is an average-sized facility in Memphis, Tennessee. With an overall grade of B-, this is a middle of the pack facility. Even in a city featuring 21 nursing homes, this nursing home should be a fine choice. The best part of this place's profile was its stellar inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
AHC Bright Glade
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with an A+. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded it a superb long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 48.019802 percent of its residents. This is a few points lower than we anticipated. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about AHC Bright Glade?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility an D. There are a variety of factors included in this grade. Many of these criteria are tied to staffing levels. This facility provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D in the area of short-term care, making this its least impressive category. In our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.4 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AHC Bright Glade Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In AHC Bright Glade, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In AHC Bright Glade, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In AHC Bright Glade, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In AHC Bright Glade, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In AHC Bright Glade, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In AHC Bright Glade, 8.67% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In AHC Bright Glade, 89.63% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In AHC Bright Glade, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In AHC Bright Glade, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In AHC Bright Glade, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In AHC Bright Glade, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AHC Bright Glade, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AHC Bright Glade, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 7.9 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 9.73 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc1.97 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Memphis East Dialysis2.3 miles away6029 Walnut Grove Road, Suite c003 Memphis Tennessee 38120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (901) 747-2316
- Fmc Summer2.31 miles away4569 Summer Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 15 (901) 767-0118
- Davita Memphis Southeast2.36 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.2.36 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Memphis Midtown Dialysis3.77 miles away3430 Summer Ave Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 454-0815
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC4.08 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- u.s. Renal Care South Memphis Dialysis4.12 miles away3960 Knight Arnold Rd Suite 107 Memphis Tennessee 38118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 365-6709