Bridgewood Health Care Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Kansas City, Missouri with a population of 545,147 people. This facility was given an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 29 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Bridgewood Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we awarded this facility a C for its long-term care score, which is not a bad grade. In our long-term care rating, we focus on the volume of services provided by a nursing home, as well as some quality measures. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 93.914474 percent of its residents. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgewood Health Care Center?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for patients as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was short-term care, turned out to be this facility's worst category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that area. Short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. With a score in this range for this area, we were not shocked to discover this place was well below average in many staffing areas we focus on. The nursing home offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgewood Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 4.11% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 88.89% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many believe that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgewood Health Care Center, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Timberlake Dialysis0.77 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis1.75 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph1.76 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Nall Dialysis3.87 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Grandview Dialysis4.06 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood4.52 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist4.65 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway4.65 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228