Bridgeway Senior Living is a nursing home located in Bensenville, Illinois, which has a population of 20,309 people. Our rating system was not favorable to this facility, as it received an overall grade of F. This place doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bridgeway Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bensenville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out this facility's abysmal long-term care grade where it was given a lowly F. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities provide. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to only 69.17058 percent of its patients, which is slightly concerning. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeway Senior Living?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Nursing grades are largely associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category. Our short-term care grades are important for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.2 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeway Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who had UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients which are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 31.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 87.05% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis3.51 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Fmc - North Avenue Dialysis Center4.7 miles away911 W. North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (708) 344-6122
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies4.82 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Fmc - Norridge5.37 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove5.47 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr5.59 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Des Plaines5.6 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center5.9 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446