Bridgeway Senior Living is a very-large nursing home located in Bensenville, Illinois. Our scoring system was not very kind to this facility, as it received an overall grade of F. This place doesn't seem to have much going for it. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Bridgeway Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection scores are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to find that this facility received a reasonably solid short-term care score this year. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeway Senior Living?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. The nursing score weighs a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care, in which this facility received an abysmal grade in this area as well. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home gave the vaccine to a relatively low 81.13497 percent of its patients, which is well below average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeway Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who had falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeway Senior Living, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis3.51 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Fmc - North Avenue Dialysis Center4.7 miles away911 W. North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (708) 344-6122
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies4.82 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Fmc - Norridge5.37 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove5.47 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr5.59 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Des Plaines5.6 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center5.9 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446