Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough is a facility located in Hillsborough, New Jersey, which has a total of 38,367 people. Sporting an overall score of A, this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong with this facility. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Hillsborough, New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hillsborough, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.06832 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home excelled in our short-term care category. We awarded them an exemplary grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more critical for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing grade assesses a handful of subcategories, however, the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Another impressive feature for this nursing home is its inspection grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of A-, wrapping up its straight A performance. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that have sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 91.97% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.71 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 18.66 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 19.55 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis0.8 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville4.18 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis6.21 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis7.06 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr7.08 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway7.86 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Dci Somerset8.03 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr8.06 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368