Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough is a facility located in Hillsborough, New Jersey, which has a total of 38,367 people. Sporting an overall score of A, this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong with this facility. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to emphasize the fact that this nursing home earned an impressive grade of A for short-term care. Our short-term care scores are arguably most critical for residents requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its fine profile, this facility also was awarded a superb long-term care score, with a score of A. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.45201 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade weighs a host of datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Another impressive feature for this facility is its inspection score. In that area, we gave this facility an A-, wrapping up its straight A performance. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that have sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term residents that experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 5.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.71 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 18.66 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 19.55 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis0.8 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville4.18 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis6.21 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis7.06 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr7.08 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway7.86 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Dci Somerset8.03 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr8.06 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368