Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater is one of four nursing homes in Bridgewater, New Jersey. This facility is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires excellent scores across the board. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Bridgewater, which has a good selection of facilities. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received strong marks in the area of short-term care. Consequently, it received one of our highest grades in that area with a grade of A+. With our short-term care assessment, we try to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. There are a variety of factors included in this area. Many of these factors reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we scored, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility rounded out a straight A report card. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.49367 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients that developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients which were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 5.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bridgewater, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bridgewater, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 16.65 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.19 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.31 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 19.55 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Hackettstown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.94 miles away651 Willow Grove St Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Voluntary non-profit - Church(908) 852-5100
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville3.67 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis5.99 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr6.91 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway10.6 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Fmc Kings Ct Flemington Dialysis Ctr10.92 miles away2 Kings Court Suite 100 Flemington New Jersey 08822CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (908) 806-9187
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis11.34 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Dci Somerset12.01 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis12.05 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593