Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater is one of just three nursing homes in Bridgewater, New Jersey. This facility is one of the most elite nursing homes we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. As a matter of fact, this is actually the highest rated nursing home in the city. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's exemplary profile is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bridgewater senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Bridgewater, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly flawless. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also received a strong short-term care grade, with a grade of A. With our short-term care assessment, we try to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, this nursing home was awarded first-rate long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in this category. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.771164 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home received an excellent nursing grade. We gave it a B+ in that category, rounding out one of our more favorable report cards. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from a UTI. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 6.37% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Bridgewater, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 16.65 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.19 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.31 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 19.55 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Hackettstown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.94 miles away651 Willow Grove St Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Voluntary non-profit - Church(908) 852-5100
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville3.67 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis5.99 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr6.91 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway10.6 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Fmc Kings Ct Flemington Dialysis Ctr10.92 miles away2 Kings Court Suite 100 Flemington New Jersey 08822CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (908) 806-9187
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis11.34 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Dci Somerset12.01 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis12.05 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593