Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. After receiving an overall rating of A, this nursing home is among the highest-graded facilities we looked at. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the United States. Keep reading to find this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bridgewater senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. When computing our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This top notch facility also fared very well in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A+. Only a small group of facilities performed better in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, this facility was awarded first-rate short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in that area. Our short-term care scores are likely most meaningful for folks needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Building on its impressive profile, this facility also performed a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of B+. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.75% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents that experienced falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.3% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 22.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 32.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 97.37% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 26.09% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 34.73% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 34.73% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.35 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - PlymouthAcute Care Hospitals 17.17 miles away275 Sandwich Street Plymouth Massachusetts 02360Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 746-2000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.14 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center8.47 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC8.52 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center8.69 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC11.42 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis14.46 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Fresenius Medical Care of Plymouth Cordage14.79 miles away10 Cordage Park Circle Suite 213 Plymouth Massachusetts 02360CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 732-9272
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis15.41 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Attleboro Dialysis Center15.46 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218