Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is the sole facility located in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Featuring an overall rating of A-, this facility is among the higher-graded facilities we assessed. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes nationally. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
16 Pleasant Street,
Bridgewater MA 02324
51.62% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility excelled in nursing. In fact, we gave it an A for that area. There are numerous criteria included in this area. Many of the datapoints reflect levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded a first-rate score of A in our long-term care area. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
This facility also received top notch inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of B+. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, we gave this nursing home an B+ for our short-term care grade. This finished off a first-rate report card. Our short-term care grades are important for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents that experienced falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.93% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgewater Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.35 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - PlymouthAcute Care Hospitals 17.17 miles away275 Sandwich Street Plymouth Massachusetts 02360Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 746-2000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.14 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center8.47 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC8.52 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center8.69 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC11.42 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis14.46 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Fresenius Medical Care of Plymouth Cordage14.79 miles away10 Cordage Park Circle Suite 213 Plymouth Massachusetts 02360CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 732-9272
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis15.41 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Attleboro Dialysis Center15.46 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218