Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center is a nursing home located in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania. This city has a population of 16,213 people. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Bridgeville. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection score. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bridgeville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility's overall performance, it did receive an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next most favorable category score in the category of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a C in this area, which is a reasonably acceptable grade. Our short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. The nursing category weighs several factors, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care, where this facility received a poor score in this area as well. It received an F for this category, which is obviously very concerning. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 93.37474 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat below what we expected but still a respectable percentage. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 12.31% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 4.76% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 5.5% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 15.97% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 0.65% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 96.29% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 20.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 27.39% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 0.63 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 27.39% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 10.46% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeville Rehabilitation & Care Center, 76.48% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Washington Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away155 Wilson Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 225-7000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Dci of Hillpointe3.58 miles away131 Hillpointe Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Dialysis Stations: 23 (724) 873-1242
- Liberty Dialysis - Southpointe4.89 miles away1200 Corporate Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 745-5565
- Davita - Bethel Park5.26 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills6.44 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Liberty Dialysis - Banksville7.75 miles away2875 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (412) 343-3060
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Banksville7.87 miles away2727 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (412) 341-7410
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Ohio Valley8.89 miles awayRobinson Plaza, Building #3 Route 60, Suite 110 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15205CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 494-6902
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis9.19 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007