Bridgeview Health Care Center is in Bridgeview, Illinois. This city has 16,446 people. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Bridgeview. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually received one decent category grade in inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bridgeview Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Bridgeview Health Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Bridgeview senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of long-term care, this facility was awarded a grade of just D in this area. Unfortunately, this proved to be one of its best areas. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 96.18834 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeview Health Care Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Our nursing score focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is short-term care. This facility received a very poor grade of F in that category. Short-term care grades are important for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With a score of this caliber in this category, we weren't shocked to learn that this place was well below average in many staffing figures we looked at. The facility supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most facilities. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeview Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 7.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 4.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who experienced UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 16.19% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 10.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 30.85% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 75.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 17.32% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 12.44% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 12.44% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 13.07% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 73.15% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis2.03 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis2.15 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598
- Fmc - Midway Dialysis2.62 miles away6201 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 229-8268
- Fmc - Burbank2.94 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584
- Davita Ford City Dialysis3.05 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis3.12 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis3.18 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Motte Dialysis3.2 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136