Bridgeview Health Care Center is in Bridgeview, Illinois. This city has 16,446 people. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Bridgeview. The city has just one other nursing home. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually received one decent category grade in inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Bridgeview Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Bridgeview Health Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's litany of rock-bottom grades was its F in the category of short-term care. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its score in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the figures we assessed. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeview Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a a terrible grade in our long-term care category. It received a lowly F in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category likely don't provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 69.05371 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility did not fare well in this area either. With a poor grade of F in nursing, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. Our nursing grade weighs many factors, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This place averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeview Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis2.03 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis2.15 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598
- Fmc - Midway Dialysis2.62 miles away6201 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 229-8268
- Fmc - Burbank2.94 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584
- Davita Ford City Dialysis3.05 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis3.12 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis3.18 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Motte Dialysis3.2 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136