Bridgeview Health Care Center is in Bridgeview, Illinois. This city has 16,446 people. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Bridgeview. The city has just one other nursing home. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually received one decent category grade in inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Bridgeview Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Bridgeview Health Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's litany of rock-bottom grades was its F in the category of short-term care. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its score in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the figures we assessed. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bridgeview Health Care Center?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Our nursing score assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This statistic is well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is a poor score. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 82.08232 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bridgeview Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bridgeview Health Care Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis2.03 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis2.15 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598
- Fmc - Midway Dialysis2.62 miles away6201 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 229-8268
- Fmc - Burbank2.94 miles away4811 W 77th St Burbank Illinois 60459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (708) 229-0584
- Davita Ford City Dialysis3.05 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis3.12 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Usrc - Scottsdale Dialysis3.18 miles away4651 W. 79th Street Chicago Illinois 60652CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 582-8911
- Motte Dialysis3.2 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136