Located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is one of five available facilities in this area. This is a good facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. The nursing homes in Doylestown received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places in Pennsylvania to find a nursing home. Finally, we wanted to point out that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will need to make sure it maintains its high grades going forward.
Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this place a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another strong feature for this nursing home is that it was awarded an impressive long-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category score. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.785866 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. When calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area is short-term care, which is the final category we looked at. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. In our short-term care category, we strive to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It appears that this nursing home was subpar in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.8 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Doylestown, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Doylestown, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 9.69 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.67 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.36 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.51 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus0.01 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown3.46 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis8.56 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale8.88 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson9.81 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis10.58 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington11.15 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita North Wales Dialysis11.53 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192