Located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is one of five available facilities in this area. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. At the end of the day, this nursing home would be a good fit for most people. The best part of this facility's profile was its remarkable inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Doylestown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong long-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we gave it a B+ in this area, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.31663 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next highest category was short-term care. However, with a D in this category, it still fared somewhat badly. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we discovered that this place provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics sunk this facility's short-term care grade.
The final area we analyzed is nursing, turned out to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that area. This really was one of the few weak links of an otherwise impressive profile. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. To go along with its subpar totals in the area of nursing hours per patient, this place also didn't perform as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing ratings. We looked at the percentage of residents sustaining pressure ulcers and major falls. This nursing home had more falls and pressure ulcers than the average nursing home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 5.92% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 23.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 22.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.04% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 99.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.08% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.08% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 9.57% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Liberty Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 79.95% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Doylestown, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Doylestown, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 9.69 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.67 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.36 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.51 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus0.01 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown3.46 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis8.56 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale8.88 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson9.81 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis10.58 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington11.15 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita North Wales Dialysis11.53 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192