Diversicare of Oak Ridge is one of a mere two facilities located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. This facility has some things going for it. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Diversicare of Oak Ridge
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable category was short-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is frequently a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Oak Ridge?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses were with patients, in computing our grade in this category. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a C. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.70968 percent of its patients, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Oak Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that have suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 9.05% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 89.05% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 16.54 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.65 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.69 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Fmc Oak Ridge0.26 miles away650 Briarcliff Avenue Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Dialysis Stations: 17 (865) 482-7650
- Clinch River Dialysis8.35 miles away702 North Main Street Clinton Tennessee 37716Dialysis Stations: 17 (865) 457-1114
- Fmc West Knoxville8.97 miles away11305 Station West Knoxville Tennessee 37922Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 966-5100
- Fmc Cedar Bluff9.79 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Knoxville Central Dialysis10.09 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Tannor Dialysis LLC10.29 miles away111 S Campbell Station Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37934Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 777-2750
- Fmc Loudon Dialysis13.48 miles away200 Interchange Park Drive Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 986-5257
- Fmc Powell13.65 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700