Diversicare of Oak Ridge is the sole option we identified in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. Based on our assessment, you would be better off to steer clear of this facility. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Diversicare of Oak Ridge
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Oak Ridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall grade was terrible, it performed pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which ended up being one of its better category grades. Short-term care grades are often used to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. With a score in this range for this category, we weren't surprised to discover this nursing home was well below average in several staffing areas we looked at. The facility supplied substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.6 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Oak Ridge?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. There are numerous criteria included in this area. Most of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care, where this nursing home received a very poor grade in this area also. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is obviously very concerning. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated 86.59794 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is quite a few points lower than the national average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Oak Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 8.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 1.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who have sustained falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 0.35% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 5.85% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 19.15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 39.56% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 90.46% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 25.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 16.24% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 16.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 9.88% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Oak Ridge, 72.17% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 16.54 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.65 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.69 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Fmc Oak Ridge0.26 miles away650 Briarcliff Avenue Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Dialysis Stations: 17 (865) 482-7650
- Clinch River Dialysis8.35 miles away702 North Main Street Clinton Tennessee 37716Dialysis Stations: 17 (865) 457-1114
- Fmc West Knoxville8.97 miles away11305 Station West Knoxville Tennessee 37922Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 966-5100
- Fmc Cedar Bluff9.79 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Knoxville Central Dialysis10.09 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Tannor Dialysis LLC10.29 miles away111 S Campbell Station Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37934Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 777-2750
- Fmc Loudon Dialysis13.48 miles away200 Interchange Park Drive Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 986-5257
- Fmc Powell13.65 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700