The Greens at Lincolnton is an average-sized nursing home located in Lincolnton, North Carolina. This nursing home proved to be a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this nursing home. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Greens at Lincolnton
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that The Greens at Lincolnton has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Lincolnton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Lincolnton, North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given impressive scores in the category of long-term care as well. In fact, we awarded it one of our strongest grades in that area with a area of A-. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.30796 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Greens at Lincolnton?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that category with a score of B. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The final category we analyzed is nursing, where this facility was given a grade of B-. While this turned out to be its least impressive category rating, this is still not a bad grade. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses spend with residents and the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Greens at Lincolnton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 3.14% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 12.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 21.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 3.84% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 88.29% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 21.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 21.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Greens at Lincolnton, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Atrium Health LincolnAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away433 Mcalister Rd Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Government - Hospital District or Authority(980) 212-2000
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Atrium Health Kings MountainAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away706 W King St Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 739-3601
- Catawba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.56 miles away810 Fairgrove Church Rd Hickory North Carolina 28602Voluntary non-profit - Other(828) 326-3809
- Atrium Health ClevelandAcute Care Hospitals 19.9 miles away201 E Grover St Shelby North Carolina 28150Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 487-3000
- Frye Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.96 miles away420 N Center St Hickory North Carolina 28601Proprietary(828) 322-6070
- Fmc Lincolnton Dialysis1.78 miles away1090 S Grove Street Ext Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 736-9300
- Fresenius Kidney Care North Gaston11.6 miles away1510 Lower Dallas Hwy Dallas North Carolina 28034Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 923-8001
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.13.1 miles away3802 Startown Rd Newton North Carolina 28658Dialysis Stations: 15 (828) 465-2006
- Fresenius Medical Care Gastonia14.61 miles away348 Burtonwood Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28054CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (704) 864-8863
- Bma South Gaston Dialysis15.52 miles away710 West Hudson Blvd. Gastonia North Carolina 28052CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 867-3417
- Bma Kings Mountain16.01 miles away604 Canterbury Rd Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Dialysis Stations: 18 (704) 730-1270
- Dialysis Clinic Inc Kings Mountain16.72 miles away1010 Shelby Road Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Dialysis Stations: 15 (704) 739-9342
- Fresenius Medical Services of Catawba Valley18.14 miles away301 10th Street Nw Suite C 101 Conover North Carolina 28613CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (828) 464-3830