Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch is a nursing home located in Charlotte, North Carolina which has 790,689 people. With an overall rating of B, this looks like a good nursing home. Even in a city with 10 other nursing homes, this nursing home ought to be a sound option. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Charlotte senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave it an impressive grade of A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of B. It performed better than most nursing homes in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This score is often a fair measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. There are several subcategories within this category. Many of the subcategories relate to nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, we awarded this facility a D for our long-term care category. This is the nursing home's least impressive category score. Unfortunately, this score hurt the facility's overall profile to some degree. Facilities that do not score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home provided the vaccine to just 66.554054 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 17.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 2.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 5.07% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 3.17% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 22.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 0.38% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 69.51% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 15.5% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 19.36% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 19.36% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 10.28% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brian Center Health & Rehab/Ch, 65.19% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 9 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Charlotte East Dialysis0.23 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.1.14 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte1.14 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate2.39 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis2.74 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Bma East Charlotte3.86 miles away1334 Central Avenue Charlotte North Carolina 28205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 334-2226
- Presbyterian Hospital4.18 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte North Carolina 28204Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 384-4034
- Fmc of North Charlotte4.22 miles away5220 N Tryon Street Charlotte North Carolina 28213CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 596-0680