Bria of Westmont is a senior living facility in Westmont, Illinois, a city with a population of 24,852 people. We gave this nursing home an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Westmont. The city has just two other nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Bria of Westmont
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that area with a B. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid facilities that have too many deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to learn that this nursing home received a solid short-term care grade this year. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The question is whether this also affected quality of care. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bria of Westmont?
Long-term Care Quality
Another concern was the F this facility was given in the category of long-term care. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 86.065575 percent of its residents. This is significantly below average. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
The final area we graded was nursing, where this facility was given a very poor grade here as well. It received a lowly F for this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bria of Westmont Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bria of Westmont, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bria of Westmont, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bria of Westmont, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term patients that sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bria of Westmont, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bria of Westmont, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bria of Westmont, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bria of Westmont, 87.49% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bria of Westmont, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bria of Westmont, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Bria of Westmont, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bria of Westmont, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bria of Westmont, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bria of Westmont, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.57 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Fmc - Willowbrook1.98 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Davita - Woodridge at Home3.58 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge3.74 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center3.8 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.95 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.95 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis6.15 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394