Bria of Palos Hills is a very-large facility located in Palos Hills, Illinois. We gave this facility a rock bottom overall score based on the data we looked at. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Palos Hills. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Bria of Palos Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
10426 South Roberts,
Palos Hills IL 60465
66.54% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B for our short-term care rating. In forming our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
As it turns out, its government inspection reports were not the source of this facility's bottom of the barrel overall grade. In fact, it earned a grade of C in this category. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Does this page answer your questions about Bria of Palos Hills?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. The nursing score is based on numerous factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular place averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This number is quite a bit below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care, in which this facility received a bottom of the barrel score in this category as well. We gave it an F for this category, which is obviously a major disappointment. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 94.73684 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bria of Palos Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bria of Palos Hills, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bria of Palos Hills, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bria of Palos Hills, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bria of Palos Hills, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bria of Palos Hills, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bria of Palos Hills, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bria of Palos Hills, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bria of Palos Hills, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bria of Palos Hills, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bria of Palos Hills, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bria of Palos Hills, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bria of Palos Hills, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis1.01 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis1.96 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis2.44 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Motte Dialysis3.89 miles away5020 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 238-3136
- Dcc - Oak Lawn4.32 miles away9115 S Cicero Ave, Suite 300 Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 907-3066
- Fmc - Alsip Dialysis Center4.37 miles away12250 S Cicero Ste 105 Alsip Illinois 60803CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 389-0955
- Davita Ford City Dialysis4.93 miles away8159 S. Cicero Ave Chicago Illinois 60652Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 585-5504
- Davita - Alsip Home Training5.12 miles away11500 S. Pulaski Road Alsip Illinois 60803Dialysis Stations: 4 (708) 385-7145