With an address in Dallas, Texas, Brentwood Campus of Care is just one of 35 possibilities in the area. It looks like this facility is a well below average facility. A score of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. This facility has very little going for it. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Brentwood Campus of Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent score in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid facilities that had too many deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an C. We weighed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with patients, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Campus of Care?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our long-term care grade. This is not one of our better scores. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. It received a lowly F in this area, which is a bottom of the barrel score. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Given its score in this category, we were not surprised to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Campus of Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which sustained a UTI. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 4.66% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 94.73% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Campus of Care, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Bma Dallas Central0.53 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Village Ii Dialysis Center1.89 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.35 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Dallas East Dialysis2.72 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Metro East Dialysis Center3.67 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC4.08 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite4.64 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite5.24 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110