Brentwood Healthcare is in the large metropolitan area of Dallas, Texas. We gave this nursing home a C overall, which is not a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Dallas, which is a B-. You could certainly do worse than this facility. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall grade, we gave this facility an A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall rating. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility an impressive grade in long-term care. This facility earned a grade of B in this area, which turns out to be one of our more favorable grades. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.66888 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Healthcare?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. The nursing rating includes a handful of datapoints, but the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home did not perform well. With a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this was this nursing home's poorest category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is typically a solid assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Based on its grade in this area, we were not surprised to find that this facility was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Healthcare, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Healthcare, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Healthcare, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who had UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Healthcare, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Healthcare, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Healthcare, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Healthcare, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Healthcare, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Healthcare, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Healthcare, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Healthcare, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Healthcare, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Bma Dallas Central0.53 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Village Ii Dialysis Center1.89 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.35 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Dallas East Dialysis2.72 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Metro East Dialysis Center3.67 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC4.08 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite4.64 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite5.24 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110