Brentwood Healthcare is in the large metropolitan area of Dallas, Texas. This nursing home was awarded a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a well below average rating. This wasn't the worse place we graded, however, we'd still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Dallas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall grade, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally best to avoid facilities that have a long list of severe deficiencies. This place received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a middle of the road score in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B-. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.31271 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Healthcare?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was short-term care. This facility received a rock bottom grade of F in this area. Our short-term care grades are critical for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics was damning for this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Healthcare, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Healthcare, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Healthcare, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Healthcare, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Healthcare, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Healthcare, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Healthcare, 93.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Healthcare, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Healthcare, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Healthcare, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Healthcare, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Healthcare, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 17 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Bma Dallas Central0.53 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Village Ii Dialysis Center1.89 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.35 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Dallas East Dialysis2.72 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Metro East Dialysis Center3.67 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC4.08 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite4.64 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite5.24 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110