Brentwood Place One is in Dallas, Texas. This city is one of the largest cities in the nation with has 1,263,321 people. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we assessed. We ranked this as one of the bottom five rated nursing homes in Dallas. In a city with countless other nursing homes, you ought to be able to find an alternative. We were surprisingly able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Brentwood Place One
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this place a terrible overall grade, we gave it a grade of B for our inspections category. This is the result of the facility receiving a decent government inspection report this year. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with too many severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an D. Our nursing grade weighs quite a few datapoints, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Place One?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse score was long-term care, where it earned just a D in that category. This is a relatively poor grade. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is short-term care, where this facility received a poor grade in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category, which is obviously somewhat alarming. In crafting our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Given its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Place One Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Place One, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Place One, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Place One, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Place One, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Place One, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Place One, 4.66% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Place One, 94.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Place One, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Place One, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' well-being.
In Brentwood Place One, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Place One, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Place One, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Place One, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Bma Dallas Central0.53 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Village Ii Dialysis Center1.89 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.35 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Dallas East Dialysis2.72 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Metro East Dialysis Center3.67 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC4.08 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite4.64 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite5.24 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110