Brentwood Place One is in Dallas, Texas. This city is one of the largest cities in the nation with has 1,263,321 people. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we assessed. We ranked this as one of the bottom five rated nursing homes in Dallas. In a city with countless other nursing homes, you ought to be able to find an alternative. We were surprisingly able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Brentwood Place One
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3505 S Buckner Blvd Bldg 2,
Dallas TX 75227
79.08% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this place a terrible overall grade, we gave it a grade of B+ for our inspections category. This is the result of the facility receiving a decent government inspection report this year. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with too many severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the category of short-term care. Our short-term care grade is typically used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To have high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Place One?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the number of hours nurses spend with residents as well as the level of licensure of those nurses. This place averaged just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care. It received an abysmal F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Place One Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Place One, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Place One, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Place One, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Place One, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Place One, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Place One, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Place One, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Place One, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Place One, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Brentwood Place One, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Place One, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Place One, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Place One, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Bma Dallas Central0.53 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Village Ii Dialysis Center1.89 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.35 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Dallas East Dialysis2.72 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Metro East Dialysis Center3.67 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC4.08 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite4.64 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite5.24 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110