Brentwood Place Four is an average-sized nursing home located in Dallas, Texas. With a really poor overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. In our grading scheme, this is one of the bottom five rated nursing homes in Dallas. In a city with countless other facilities, you should be able to find a better option. In spite of all this, this facility did just fine in our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brentwood Place Four
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Dallas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a horrible overall score, we gave it an A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this was still a relatively favorable report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an D. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this place's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Place Four?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its long-term care score. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.744774 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade in this area as well. It received an F for this category, which is obviously very concerning. Short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. With its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this facility was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Place Four Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Place Four, 6.4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Place Four, 0.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Place Four, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents who experienced UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Place Four, 8.88% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Place Four, 17.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Place Four, 1.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Place Four, 99.37% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Place Four, 23.61% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Place Four, 23.32% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Place Four, 23.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Place Four, 17.56% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Place Four, 64.59% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 17 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Bma Dallas Central0.53 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Village Ii Dialysis Center1.89 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.35 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Dallas East Dialysis2.72 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Metro East Dialysis Center3.67 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC4.08 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite4.64 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite5.24 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110