Brentwood Place Four is an average-sized nursing home located in Dallas, Texas. This nursing home is a subpar facility. A score in this range indicates we found a few red flags. Keep in mind that Dallas received a city grade of B-, so should look at some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category scores
Brentwood Place Four
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. Our inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this place still received a relatively positive inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an B-. The nursing rating includes several factors. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below average. Finally, although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Place Four?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a respectable grade in the area of short-term care, with a C. Our short-term care grades are critical for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is an abysmal grade. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.03846 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Place Four Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Place Four, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Place Four, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Place Four, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Place Four, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Place Four, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Place Four, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Place Four, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Place Four, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Place Four, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Place Four, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Place Four, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Place Four, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Bma Dallas Central0.53 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Village Ii Dialysis Center1.89 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.35 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Dallas East Dialysis2.72 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Metro East Dialysis Center3.67 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC4.08 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite4.64 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite5.24 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110