Elevate Care Riverwoods is a senior living facility in Deerfield, Illinois, which has 26,800 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. As far as we can see, we would struggle to recommend this facility. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elevate Care Riverwoods
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Deerfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
We also awarded this facility a grade of C for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevate Care Riverwoods?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's third best score was long-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this category, it still fared relatively poorly. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home didn't perform well in our measures relating to resident care. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 67.97753 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly below the national average. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was short-term care, turned out to be this facility's weakest area. We gave this facility a D in that category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. As you might expect, we found that this place offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.3 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevate Care Riverwoods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 14.83% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 3.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 2.71% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 7.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 47.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 80.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 6.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 6.52% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 6.52% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 15.25% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 96.35% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis3.99 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center4.28 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc4.4 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Highland5.04 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center5.86 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fmc - Mundelein5.95 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Glen Dialysis6.92 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center7.46 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006