Elevate Care Riverwoods is a senior living facility in Deerfield, Illinois, which has 26,800 people. This nursing home turns out to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of C. This place seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Elevate Care Riverwoods
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to having a decent overall grade, we also would like to point out that this facility received favorable government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This is a much better score than the facility's overall score. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevate Care Riverwoods?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was long-term care, which is the last category we assessed. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 65.5914 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevate Care Riverwoods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 29.8% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 87.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elevate Care Riverwoods, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis3.99 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center4.28 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc4.4 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Highland5.04 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center5.86 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fmc - Mundelein5.95 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Glen Dialysis6.92 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center7.46 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006