With an address in Bremerton, Washington, Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center is the only facility we found in this area. This facility received a rock bottom overall score based on the data we assessed. Based on our analysis, this facility likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bremerton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we gave it a B- for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grade is often used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its inspection grade. When a facility has this bad of an inspection grade, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. Tragically, this facility was hit with a category L deficiency. This type of deficiency indicates multiple widespread threats to resident health or safety. This type of deficiency is toxic to a facility's inspection grade. Finally, we would like to point out that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years totaling over $100,000. This usually signifies that a facility's bad track record has been an issue for several years.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. This nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade of F in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 84.09786 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.06% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 11.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.97% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 7.07% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 87.98% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.57% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.57% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.52% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bremerton Health & Rehabilitation Center, 76.52% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away2520 Cherry Avenue Bremerton Washington 98310Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 377-3911
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.35 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 14.8 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.31 miles away11567 Canterwood Boulevard Nw Gig Harbor Washington 98332Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 530-2050
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center Coordinated Care Unit0.02 miles away2740 Clare Ave Bremerton Washington 98310Dialysis Stations: 4 (360) 479-1068
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center0.1 miles away2613 Wheaton Way Bremerton Washington 98310CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (360) 479-5908
- Olympic Peninsula Kc - South Kitsap3.06 miles away450 S Kitsap Blvd Bldg 1, Suite 178 Port Orchard Washington 98366Dialysis Stations: 11 (360) 895-7795
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center - North10.6 miles away19472 Powder Hill Pl Ste 100 Poulsbo Washington 98370Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 598-9712
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center12.3 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Westwood Dialysis Center12.85 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738
- Belfair Dialysis14.04 miles away23961 Ne State Route 3 Belfair Washington 98528Dialysis Stations: 5 (360) 275-0141
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center14.36 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705