Braun's Nursing Home is located in Evansville, Indiana. The city has many nursing home options. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is clearly a very strong facility. This is just about as good of a place as you'll find. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its long-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Braun's Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 95.4955 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This facility has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Braun's Nursing Home?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Indiana in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a C. While this turned out to be its lowest category rating, this is still a middle of the pack score. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more important for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Braun's Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Braun's Nursing Home, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Braun's Nursing Home, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Braun's Nursing Home, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. However, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Braun's Nursing Home, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Braun's Nursing Home, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Braun's Nursing Home, 12.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Braun's Nursing Home, 91.48% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Braun's Nursing Home, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Braun's Nursing Home, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Braun's Nursing Home, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Braun's Nursing Home, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Scores for Evansville, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Evansville, Indiana has 16 other nursing homes
- Deaconess Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away600 Mary St Evansville Indiana 47747Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 450-5000
- St Vincent EvansvilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away3700 Washington Ave Evansville Indiana 47750Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 485-4000
- Women's Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away4199 Gateway Blvd Newburgh Indiana 47630Proprietary(812) 842-4200
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away1305 N Elm St Henderson Kentucky 42420Voluntary non-profit - Church(270) 827-7700
- St Vincent WarrickCritical Access Hospitals 17.41 miles away1116 Millis Ave Boonville Indiana 47601Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 897-4800
- Lofield Dialysis LLC0.59 miles away800 N. Main St. Evansville Indiana 47711Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 423-5368
- Fmc - Ohio Valley Dialysis Center1.38 miles away230 Bellemeade Avenue Evansville Indiana 47713Dialysis Stations: 18 (812) 425-4111
- Davita - North Evansville Dialysis2.02 miles away1151 West Buena Vista Road Evansville Indiana 47710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (812) 401-0140
- Lofield Dialysis, LLC3.63 miles away5301 Pearl Drive Evansville Indiana 47712Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 467-0161
- Davita - East Evansville Dialysis4.53 miles away1312 Professional Boulevard Suite 100 Evansville Indiana 47714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 491-6300
- Davita - Newburgh Dialysis9.96 miles away4311 Hwy 261, Suite A Newburgh Indiana 47630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (812) 853-2010
- Davita - Gardenside Dialysis11.28 miles away70 N Gardenmile Road Henderson Kentucky 42420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (270) 830-0050
- Bridgeview Dialysis15.12 miles away2480 Us Highway 41 N Suite J Henderson Kentucky 42420Dialysis Stations: 12 (270) 830-8061