Braun's Nursing Home is located in Evansville, Indiana. The city has many nursing home options. Featuring an overall grade of B, this appears to be a fine facility. At the end of the day, this place looks like a good fit for most people. You should also take a look at this facility's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Braun's Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Evansville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a strong overall score as described above, but we wanted to point out its excellent long-term care rating. We gave them an A in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 97.916664 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that area. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Braun's Nursing Home?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was short-term care, proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that area. This is one of the couple of dings in a strong profile. In our short-term care assessment, we strive to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Braun's Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Braun's Nursing Home, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Braun's Nursing Home, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Braun's Nursing Home, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. However, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Braun's Nursing Home, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Braun's Nursing Home, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Braun's Nursing Home, 14.48% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Braun's Nursing Home, 91.03% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Braun's Nursing Home, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Braun's Nursing Home, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Braun's Nursing Home, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Braun's Nursing Home, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Scores for Evansville, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Evansville, Indiana has 9 other nursing homes
- Deaconess Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away600 Mary St Evansville Indiana 47747Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 450-5000
- St Vincent EvansvilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away3700 Washington Ave Evansville Indiana 47750Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 485-4000
- Women's Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away4199 Gateway Blvd Newburgh Indiana 47630Proprietary(812) 842-4200
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away1305 N Elm St Henderson Kentucky 42420Voluntary non-profit - Church(270) 827-7700
- St Vincent WarrickCritical Access Hospitals 17.41 miles away1116 Millis Ave Boonville Indiana 47601Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 897-4800
- Lofield Dialysis LLC0.59 miles away800 N. Main St. Evansville Indiana 47711Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 423-5368
- Fmc - Ohio Valley Dialysis Center1.38 miles away230 Bellemeade Avenue Evansville Indiana 47713Dialysis Stations: 18 (812) 425-4111
- Davita - North Evansville Dialysis2.02 miles away1151 West Buena Vista Road Evansville Indiana 47710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (812) 401-0140
- Lofield Dialysis, LLC3.63 miles away5301 Pearl Drive Evansville Indiana 47712Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 467-0161
- Davita - East Evansville Dialysis4.53 miles away1312 Professional Boulevard Suite 100 Evansville Indiana 47714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 491-6300
- Davita - Newburgh Dialysis9.96 miles away4311 Hwy 261, Suite A Newburgh Indiana 47630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (812) 853-2010
- Davita - Gardenside Dialysis11.28 miles away70 N Gardenmile Road Henderson Kentucky 42420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (270) 830-0050
- Bridgeview Dialysis15.12 miles away2480 Us Highway 41 N Suite J Henderson Kentucky 42420Dialysis Stations: 12 (270) 830-8061