Brandon Court is an average-sized nursing home located in Brandon, Mississippi. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our ratings, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
100 Burnham Road,
Brandon MS 39042
78% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we gave it a B in that area, which happens to be one of our better. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 96.80365 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the nursing home's number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this place had 2.63 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about Brandon Court?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category ended up being its short-term care grade, where it was awarded a C. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that it was above average in this area with 51.5 percent of its patients returning home.
The final category we analyzed is nursing. This facility received a C in this area. When determining a facility's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses are with residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. Based on the CMS data, this nursing home offers 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed admirably in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brandon Court Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brandon Court, 10.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brandon Court, 3.22% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brandon Court, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brandon Court, 20.29% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brandon Court, 22.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brandon Court, 2.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brandon Court, 93.89% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brandon Court, 19.45% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brandon Court, 23.12% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Brandon Court, 1.72 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brandon Court, 23.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brandon Court, 13.75 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brandon Court, 67.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 4.84 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC0.57 miles away209 Mar Lyn Drive Brandon Mississippi 39042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (601) 591-0053
- Isd Brandon LLC5.25 miles away101 Christian Drive Brandon Mississippi 39042Dialysis Stations: 20 (601) 824-9764
- Fmc Jackson8.26 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.8.51 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home8.68 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Isd Renal Inc9.37 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Medical Mall Dialysis9.74 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Isd Renal Inc10.33 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154