Brandon Court is an average-sized nursing home in Brandon, Mississippi. This proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. This place has a few things going for it. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive score in our long-term care category. We gave this nursing home a better than average grade of B+ in that area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.557526 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Brandon Court?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of C in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Switching gears to our next category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D in the area of nursing. This is the nursing home's worst category score. Naturally, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall grade to some degree. Our nursing score weighs quite a few data points, many of which are based on nursing hours. This place offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This statistic is significantly below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brandon Court Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brandon Court, 10.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brandon Court, 3.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brandon Court, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brandon Court, 20.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brandon Court, 22.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brandon Court, 2.3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brandon Court, 93.75% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brandon Court, 18.95% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brandon Court, 20.82% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Brandon Court, 1.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brandon Court, 20.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brandon Court, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brandon Court, 69.18% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 4.84 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC0.57 miles away209 Mar Lyn Drive Brandon Mississippi 39042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (601) 591-0053
- Isd Brandon LLC5.25 miles away101 Christian Drive Brandon Mississippi 39042Dialysis Stations: 20 (601) 824-9764
- Fmc Jackson8.26 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.8.51 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home8.68 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Isd Renal Inc9.37 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Medical Mall Dialysis9.74 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Isd Renal Inc10.33 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154