Complete Care Brakeley Park is a senior living facility in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, which has 29,840 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade in this range requires solid marks in most areas. You could certainly do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Complete Care Brakeley Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. A single deficiency isn't anything to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's quality category grades came in the category of short-term care. We gave them one of our more positive scores in that category, with a score of B+. With our short-term care grade, we strive to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care Brakeley Park?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. The nursing score weighs several factors. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed turned out to be this nursing home's worst category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it a respectable grade of C in our long-term care category. In our long-term care score, we look at the quantity of services offered by a facility, along with a series of quality metrics. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 97.394135 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care Brakeley Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 5.95% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 91.97% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.71 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr1.17 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center4.79 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton5.73 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc11.51 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.59 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem13.01 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem13.63 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC16.58 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706