Complete Care Brakeley Park is a senior living facility in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, which has 29,840 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires respectable marks in most areas. You could certainly do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Complete Care Brakeley Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Phillipsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this place a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. A single deficiency isn't anything to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our better scores. In forming these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care Brakeley Park?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. In determining a facility's nursing grade, we assess the number of hours nurses are caring for residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care. We awarded this facility a D in the area of long-term care, rendering this the facility's least impressive grade. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 92.10526 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care Brakeley Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 6.37% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care Brakeley Park, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.71 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr1.17 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center4.79 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton5.73 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc11.51 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.59 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem13.01 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem13.63 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC16.58 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706