Braintree Manor Healthcare is one of four nursing homes located in Braintree, Massachusetts. This facility was given an overall rating of F. Braintree received a more impressive city grade of B+, so there are far better options in the city worth looking at. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Braintree Manor Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1102 Washington Street,
Braintree MA 02184
65.19% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Braintree Manor Healthcare has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was rock bottom, it didn't perform as badly in the area of nursing. We gave it a B- for that area. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a relatively low total compared to most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't perform too badly in the area of short-term care. In fact, we gave it a B- for that area, which happens to be another one of its more respectable grades. In calculating these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The question is whether this adversely impacted quality of care. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Braintree Manor Healthcare?
Long-term Care Quality
We were also pleasantly surprised to learn that this facility earned a solid long-term care score this year. We awarded it a C in this area. Long-term care grades are used to grade a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated only 68.56582 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last category we assessed was inspections. Unfortunately, this nursing home didn't receive glowing government inspections in recent years. As a result, we had to give it an F. For facilities with poor inspection grades, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This facility had a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had the potential to cause actual harm to residents. In addition to having severe deficiencies, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Braintree Manor Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 1.93% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Scores for Braintree, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Braintree, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Quality Care Dialysis Center2.44 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis2.72 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis3.62 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility3.74 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)6.31 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Us Renal Care Quincy7.07 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.15 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center7.33 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329