Braintree Manor Healthcare is one of four nursing homes located in Braintree, Massachusetts. This facility was given an overall rating of F. Braintree received a more impressive city grade of B, so there are far better options in the city worth looking at. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Braintree Manor Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Braintree Manor Healthcare has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was rock bottom, it didn't perform as badly in the area of nursing. We gave it a B- for that area. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a relatively low total compared to most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't perform too badly in the area of long-term care. In fact, we gave it a C for that area, which happens to be another one of its more respectable grades. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 65.80517 percent of its patients for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Braintree Manor Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care grade. This is not an impressive grade. In determining these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Considering its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the data we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Turning our final category of inspections, this nursing home received a grade that's as bad as it gets. We weight this category more heavily than other categories. When a facility has this bad of an inspection score, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This nursing home was hit with one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by CMS had the potential to create actual harm to patients. On top of having severe deficiencies, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Braintree Manor Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 1.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 91.63% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Braintree Manor Healthcare, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Braintree, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Braintree, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Quality Care Dialysis Center2.44 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis2.72 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis3.62 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility3.74 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)6.31 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Us Renal Care Quincy7.07 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.15 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center7.33 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329