With an address in Edmond, Oklahoma, Bradford Village is one of a mere three nursing homes in the area. This proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. As far as we can see, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. We were also pleased to discover that this facility received consistently decent grades in all four of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a middle of the road grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B-. In our short-term care score, we try to create a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bradford Village?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities third best category is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is basically a middle of the pack score in this category. In determining these long-term care grades, we analyze the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 95.52846 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Our next category is nursing, where we awarded this facility a C in this area. There are a number of data points within this category. Most of these data points relate to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bradford Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bradford Village, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bradford Village, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bradford Village, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bradford Village, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bradford Village, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bradford Village, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bradford Village, 92.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bradford Village, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bradford Village, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Bradford Village, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bradford Village, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bradford Village, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bradford Village, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Davita - Edmond0.94 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East2.73 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC7.65 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis9.79 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City9.9 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City11.05 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis11.2 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis12.94 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043