With an address in Edmond, Oklahoma, Bradford Village is one of just a couple nursing homes in the area. This proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. As far as we can see, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Edmond senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area was short-term care. We awarded it a B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the pack grade in this area. Short-term care scores are crucial for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Bradford Village?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care, is this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. This really is one of just a couple of weak points in a quality profile. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.23372 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bradford Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bradford Village, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bradford Village, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients which have suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bradford Village, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bradford Village, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bradford Village, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bradford Village, 4.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bradford Village, 92.54% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bradford Village, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bradford Village, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Bradford Village, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bradford Village, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bradford Village, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bradford Village, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Davita - Edmond0.94 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East2.73 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC7.65 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis9.79 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City9.9 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City11.05 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis11.2 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis12.94 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043