Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks is a large facility located in Clinton, Maryland. Sporting an overall grade of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. This place seems to have some things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Clinton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's overall grade was bolstered by the fact that it has received favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better scores in that category, with a B+. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall grade. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had favorable view of this facility's inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more impressive category scores came in the area of long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 72.00811 percent of its residents, which is a bit below what we expected. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's worst category was short-term care, which is the last category we looked at. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a D. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 12.41% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 1.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 1.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 3.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 4.75% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 0.73% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 83% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 25.32% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 28.74% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 28.74% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 7.6% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 69.85% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.05 miles away7503 Surratts Road Clinton Maryland 20735Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 868-8000
- Fort Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Voluntary non-profit - Other(301) 292-7000
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Inova Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Alexandria Virginia 22306Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 664-7000
- Umd Prince George's Hospital CtrAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away3001 Hospital Drive Hyattsville Maryland 20785Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 618-2000
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Davita - Lakeside0.14 miles away10401 Hospital Dr Ste G-02 Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 856-6550
- Davita - Southern Maryland0.94 miles away9211 Stuart Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 13 (301) 856-6602
- Nc - Pineview1.12 miles away9106 Pine View Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 10 (301) 856-1600
- Fresenius Kidney Care1.38 miles away8949 Woodyard Rd Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 856-7536
- Us Renal Care of Old Alexandria Dialysis2.31 miles away7201 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 877-3263
- Quality Care Dialysis - Southern Maryland3.9 miles away6357 Old Branch Ave Temple Hills Maryland 20748CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 449-4166
- Brook Dialysis, LLC5.27 miles away7651 Matapeake Business Drive Brandywine Maryland 20613Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 782-7863
- Us Renal Care Fort Washington Dialysis6.12 miles away10707 Indian Head Highway Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 14 (301) 292-3610