Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks is a large facility located in Clinton, Maryland. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. As far as we can see, we would be very reluctant to recommend this facility. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7520 Surratts Road,
Clinton MD 20735
85.77% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even with this deficiency, this nursing home still received a relatively favorable report.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a middle of the pack score in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home gave the vaccine to a relatively low 79.5082 percent of its residents. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Our nursing score includes quite a few factors, but the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, we gave this nursing home a D in the area of short-term care. This was the nursing home's worst category rating. Our short-term care grade is typically used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. As you might expect, we discovered that this nursing home offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.9 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 10.18% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 92.14% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bradford Oaks, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.05 miles away7503 Surratts Road Clinton Maryland 20735Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 868-8000
- Fort Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Voluntary non-profit - Other(301) 292-7000
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Inova Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Alexandria Virginia 22306Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 664-7000
- Umd Prince George's Hospital CtrAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away3001 Hospital Drive Hyattsville Maryland 20785Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 618-2000
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Davita - Lakeside0.14 miles away10401 Hospital Dr Ste G-02 Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 856-6550
- Davita - Southern Maryland0.94 miles away9211 Stuart Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 13 (301) 856-6602
- Nc - Pineview1.12 miles away9106 Pine View Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 10 (301) 856-1600
- Fresenius Kidney Care1.38 miles away8949 Woodyard Rd Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 856-7536
- Us Renal Care of Old Alexandria Dialysis2.31 miles away7201 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 877-3263
- Quality Care Dialysis - Southern Maryland3.9 miles away6357 Old Branch Ave Temple Hills Maryland 20748CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 449-4166
- Brook Dialysis, LLC5.27 miles away7651 Matapeake Business Drive Brandywine Maryland 20613Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 782-7863
- Us Renal Care Fort Washington Dialysis6.12 miles away10707 Indian Head Highway Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 14 (301) 292-3610