Bradford House Nursing and Rehab is a senior living facility located in Bentonville, Arkansas, a city with 40,933 people. With an overall grade of B+, this nursing home is one of the top 50 facilities in Arkansas. Based on our analysis, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. As you will find below, this facility also performed well in our category grades. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Bradford House Nursing and Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care grade. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 85.71429 percent of its residents. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Bradford House Nursing and Rehab?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility an above average grade of B. In our short-term care grade, we strive to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bradford House Nursing and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients who sustained falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 2.07% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 95.87% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bradford House Nursing and Rehab, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mercy Hospital Northwest ArkansasAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away2710 South Rife Medical Lane Rogers Arkansas 72758Voluntary non-profit - Church(479) 338-8000
- Northwest Medical Center-SpringdaleAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away609 West Maple Avenue Springdale Arkansas 72764Proprietary(479) 751-5711
- Arkansas Children's Northwest, IncChildrens 12.19 miles away2601 Gene George Boulevard Springdale Arkansas 72762Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 725-6800
- Northwest Health Physicians Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.43 miles away3873 North Parkview Drive Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Proprietary(479) 571-7002
- Ozarks Community Hospital of GravetteCritical Access Hospitals 15.55 miles away1101 Jackson Street Sw Gravette Arkansas 72736Proprietary(479) 787-5291
- Washington Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.91 miles away3215 N North Hills Boulevard Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 463-5113
- Davita - Bentonville0.13 miles away1104 Se 30th St Bentonville Arkansas 72712Dialysis Stations: 21 (479) 657-6220
- Davita - Rogers Dialysis1.4 miles away101 N 37th Street Rogers Arkansas 72756Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 899-6868
- Benton County Dialysis Ctr2.4 miles away801 Se Plaza Ave Ste 1 Bentonville Arkansas 72712CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (479) 273-7340
- Hidden Springs Dialysis Ctr4.87 miles away3000 Nw "A" Street Ste 2 Bentonville Arkansas 72712Dialysis Stations: 12 (479) 404-2400
- Davita - Springdale11.9 miles away2070 Mckenzie Road Ste B Springdale Arkansas 72762Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 927-1957
- Springdale Dialysis Ctr13.26 miles away2158 Butterfield Coach Rd Springdale Arkansas 72764Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 404-2430
- Davita - Fayetteville15.79 miles away509 E Millsap Ste 111 Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Dialysis Stations: 9 (479) 443-6688
- North Hills Dialysis16 miles away107 E Monte Painter Dr Fayetteville Arkansas 72703CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 463-7000