Braden River Rehabilitation Center is a very-large facility located in Bradenton, Florida. With an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Braden River Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2010 Manatee Ave E,
Bradenton FL 34208
74.85% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly perfect. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few relatively minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A- for our long-term care grade. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.08676 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Braden River Rehabilitation Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. The nursing category consists of several components, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in this category, with a C. While this wasn't as favorable as several of this nursing home's other scores, it is still not a poor grade. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Braden River Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.37 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- South Bay HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.61 miles away4016 Sun City Center Blvd Sun City Center Florida 33573Proprietary(813) 634-3301
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.17 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.23 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center1.19 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton1.88 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Bradenton Dialysis4.4 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC5.06 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center5.22 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis7.93 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center8.55 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Manasota Dialysis10.14 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864