Braden River Rehabilitation Center is a very-large facility located in Bradenton, Florida. With an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a great option. In our view, this facility looks like a solid choice for most people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Braden River Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this place also excelled in our inspections category, where it earned a grade of A+. Not many facilities performed better in that area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care grade. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.06542 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Braden River Rehabilitation Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Nursing grades are primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a low total compared with most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that area. Naturally, this category pulled down the facility's overall grade to some degree. Short-term care ratings are important for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Braden River Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Braden River Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.37 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- South Bay HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.61 miles away4016 Sun City Center Blvd Sun City Center Florida 33573Proprietary(813) 634-3301
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.17 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.23 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center1.19 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton1.88 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Bradenton Dialysis4.4 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC5.06 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center5.22 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis7.93 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center8.55 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Manasota Dialysis10.14 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864