Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center is a large facility in Boynton Beach, Florida. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range generally indicates some concerning datapoints. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Boynton Beach. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
9600 Lawrence Rd,
Boynton Beach FL 33436
76.19% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave it a B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall grade. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating is one of its best scores. The nursing home was awarded a C in this area. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in that area. In computing these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Considering its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The final category we looked at was nursing. It received a lowly F in this area, which is an abysmal score. The nursing rating consists of several subcategories, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents which sustained a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boynton Beach Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boynton Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boynton Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis1.1 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach1.36 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC1.62 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach1.66 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream1.83 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025
- Bma - Boynton Beach2.99 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- West Boynton Dialysis3.84 miles away10150 Hagen Ranch Rd #101 Boynton Beach Florida 33437Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 736-6096
- Fmc - Atlantis3.88 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633