Located in Paris, Kentucky, Bourbon Heights Nursing Home is the sole facility we identified in the city. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. You simply can't do any better than this facility. This facility also received very consistent ratings in all of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bourbon Heights Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Paris senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in long-term care. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.67742 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Bourbon Heights Nursing Home?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. In determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was short-term care, in which this nursing home received a grade of B. Even though this turned out to be its lowest category rating, this is still an above average score. Our short-term care grades are crucial for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bourbon Heights Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 4.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 3.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 0.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 19.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 11.64% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 0.7% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 99.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 23.51% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 38.51% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 38.51% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bourbon Heights Nursing Home, 24.59% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away1210 Ky Hwy 36 E Cynthiana Kentucky 41031Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 234-2300
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.35 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 18.26 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Saint Joseph Mount SterlingAcute Care Hospitals 19.32 miles away225 Falcon Drive Mount Sterling Kentucky 40353Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 497-5018
- Davita - Bourbon County Dialysis1.24 miles away213 Letton Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Dialysis Stations: 10 (859) 988-1117
- Fmc - Lexington North13.59 miles away1610 Leestown Rd., Suite 180 Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 25 (859) 254-0671
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East14.19 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Fmc - Winchester15.04 miles away1145 W. Lexington Ave. Winchester Kentucky 40391Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 744-0750
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis15.14 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Fmc - Georgetown Dialysis Clinic15.68 miles away98 Mary Lynn Drive Georgetown Kentucky 40324Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 867-3855
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis16.64 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program16.74 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379