Boulevard Rehabilitation Center is a facility located in Boynton Beach, Florida, which has 155,385 people. We gave this facility a C overall, which isn't a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Boynton Beach, which is a B-. Based on our analysis, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. The best part of this place's report card is its remarkable inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Boulevard Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home really outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in this area with an A. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable score in our long-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in this area. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.73046 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Boulevard Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. Our nursing grade includes quite a few factors, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This place averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is not an impressive total. Finally, while this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did very well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area is short-term care, which is the last category we scored. We gave it an F in this category. Even with some decent grades in other areas, this score is nevertheless disappointing so we would like to to draw your attention to it. With our short-term care score, we try to create a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Given its grade in this area, we were not surprised to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we looked at. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.5 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boulevard Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boulevard Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Boynton Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boynton Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 0.11 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.43 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.36 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 16.08 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Bma - Boynton Beach0.87 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis2.13 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC2.54 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream4.37 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach4.41 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Sands Dialysis LLC4.57 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC4.57 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach4.65 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585