Bonne Vie is a large nursing home in Port Arthur, Texas. With an overall grade of D, this is a well below average facility. Based on our assessment, this facility likely isn't a great fit for most people. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Bonne Vie has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Note: Bonne Vie has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
While we were not high on this facility overall, we gave it a B- for our inspections rating. This score is more respectable than this facility's overall score. Inspection ratings are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more favorable category scores came in the category of long-term care. This wound up being its second most favorable category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. With our long-term care grade, we weigh the amount of care offered by a facility, along with a series of qualitative statistics. We'd need to do a bit more digging into this facility before opining further on this category as it appears we are missing a few datapoints for long-term care.
Does this page answer your questions about Bonne Vie?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. Our short-term care grades are arguably most meaningful for people needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The question is whether this also impacted quality of care. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Switching gears to the fourth area, we gave this facility a D in the area of nursing. This is the nursing home's worst category score. The nursing rating weighs several data points. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- The Medical Center of Southeast TexasAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away2555 Jimmy Johnson Blvd Port Arthur Texas 77640Physician(409) 853-5900
- Baptist Beaumont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.16 miles away3080 College Street Beaumont Texas 77701Voluntary non-profit - Private(409) 212-5012
- Christus Southeast Texas- St ElizabethAcute Care Hospitals 15.51 miles away2830 Calder Avenue Beaumont Texas 77702Voluntary non-profit - Private(409) 892-7171
- Renal Center of Nederland, LLC3.56 miles away8797 9th Avenue Port Arthur Texas 77642CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (409) 729-2212
- Renal Center of Port Arthur, LLC3.65 miles away3730 Dryden Rd Port Arthur Texas 77642CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (409) 983-4110
- Beaumont Kidney Center14.88 miles away1085 S. 23rd Street Beaumont Texas 77707Dialysis Stations: 30 (409) 840-2020
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.15.37 miles away2755 Liberty Street Beaumont Texas 77702Dialysis Stations: 23 (409) 839-8204
- Renal Center of Beaumont15.51 miles away3050 Liberty Street Beaumont Texas 77702CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (409) 838-6602
- Golden Triangle Dialysis Center15.85 miles away1020 N 14th Street Beaumont Texas 77702CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (409) 832-8423
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc18.44 miles away1301 S Martin Luther King Dr Orange Texas 77630Dialysis Stations: 9 (409) 886-7714
- Renal Center of Orange, LLC18.79 miles away280 Strickland Drive Orange Texas 77630Dialysis Stations: 16 (409) 883-4001