Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Saint Petersburg, Florida. We gave this nursing home a B- overall, which is a solid grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Saint Petersburg, which is a B. Even in a city of 16 nursing homes, this nursing home should be a fine option. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive grade in our long-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B in that category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96.06815 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its third most favorable category grade in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a C in this area, which is an acceptable grade. Short-term care scores are vital for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The last category we looked at is nursing. We awarded this facility a grade of D for nursing, making this the nursing home's worst grade. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in determining our rating in this category. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 4.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 3.7% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients that experienced a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 23.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 27.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 0.88% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 97.55% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 15.41% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 16.25% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 16.25% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 9.78% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center, 75.94% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 7.02 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Fmc - Pinellas Park3.4 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- H Street North - St Petersburg5.99 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- St Petersburg Dialysis6.51 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care6.75 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis7.01 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- St Petersburg South Dialysis7.23 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg7.3 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg7.54 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527