Bon Secours Depaul,Tcc is a very-small hospital-based facility located in Norfolk, Virginia. It looks like this nursing home is among the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. In fact, it was given the absolute highest rating. Not surprisingly, this is quite a bit better than most of the nursing homes in Norfolk. This also is a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in each of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Bon Secours Depaul,Tcc
- Nursing Home
Updated Jul 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Bon Secours Depaul,Tcc has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this facility so highly is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is simply as elite as it gets in this area. Our short-term care scores are likely most important for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bon Secours Depaul,Tcc?
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. There are a variety of criteria within this category. Most of these criteria are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care score. This wrapped up a very strong profile. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bon Secours Depaul,Tcc Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bon Secours Depaul,Tcc, 11.33 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bon Secours Depaul,Tcc, 75.1% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Norfolk, VA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Norfolk, Virginia has 7 other nursing homes
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away150 Kingsley Lane Norfolk Virginia 23505Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 889-5000
- Childrens Hospital of the Kings Daughters IncChildrens 2.8 miles away601 Children's Lane Norfolk Virginia 23507Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 668-9647
- Sentara Norfolk General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away600 Gresham Dr Norfolk Virginia 23507Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 388-3000
- Nmc PortsmouthAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.08 miles away620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth Virginia 23708Department of Defense(757) 953-5008
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away3636 High Street Portsmouth Virginia 23707Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 398-2200
- Sentara Leigh HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away830 Kempsville Road Norfolk Virginia 23502Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 261-6700
- Chesapeake General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away736 Battlefield Blvd, North Chesapeake Virginia 23320Government - Hospital District or Authority(757) 312-8121
- Sentara Careplex HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away3000 Coliseum Drive Hampton Virginia 23666Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 736-1000
- Tidewater Renal Dialysis Center1.32 miles away5623 Tidewater Dr Norfolk Virginia 23509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (757) 855-2186
- Midtowne Norfolk Dialysis2.04 miles away2201 Colonial Ave Norfolk Virginia 23517CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (757) 626-3111
- Bma - Greater Norfolk2.06 miles away(Granby Dialysis) 1902 Omohundro Ave Norfolk Virginia 23517CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (757) 622-4935
- Childrens Hospital of Kings Daughters2.85 miles awayPediatric Dialysis Ctr 601 Childrens Ln Norfolk Virginia 23507Dialysis Stations: 8 (757) 668-8151
- Total Renal Care - Little Creek Dialysis3.45 miles away1817 E Little Creek Rd Ste A Norfolk Virginia 23518CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (757) 480-3780
- Norfolk Dialysis Center3.98 miles away962 Norfolk Sq Norfolk Virginia 23502CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (757) 461-0501
- Rai - Goode Way-Portsmouth4.55 miles away311 Goode Way Portsmouth Virginia 23704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (757) 393-6582
- Portsmouth Dialysis Center5.05 miles away2000 High St Portsmouth Virginia 23704CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (757) 397-4300