Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center is one of four available nursing homes located in Boca Raton, Florida. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Boca Raton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next most favorable category score in the area of short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this area, which is a decent grade. With our short-term care rating, we strive to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third highest category we awarded this facility in any category came in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Long-term care grades are typically used to assess a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 99.68051 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to the next area, this facility was awarded a grade of C for nursing, which is generally a respectable rating. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses spent with patients, in calculating our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 0.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 0.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 0.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 18.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients which were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 97.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 6.59% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 8.61% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 8.61% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 14.93% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 79.22% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.11 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton1.61 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC2.14 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.23 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis3.5 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.19 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.19 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.53 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC5.46 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959