Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Boca Raton, Florida. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. Even in a city with 11 other nursing homes, this facility looks like a respectable choice. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive grade in our long-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in this area. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable category is short-term care. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is basically a middle of the road score in this category. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more meaningful for people in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The last area we analyzed was nursing. We gave this facility a grade of D in the area of nursing, making this the facility's worst category grade. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in computing our grade in this category. With only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were far below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.11 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton1.61 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC2.14 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.23 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis3.5 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.19 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.19 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.53 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC5.46 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959