Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center is on a list of 11 possibilities in Boca Raton, Florida. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road grade. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's better category scores was in the category of long-term care. This wound up being its second most respectable category. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In determining our long-term care scores, we look at the assistance with daily living offered to the nursing home's residents. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable area is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the pack grade in this category. Short-term care grades are generally employed to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on quality of care. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
This facility's least impressive area was nursing, which is the last category we scored. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. The nursing rating features many data points. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boca Raton Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.11 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton1.61 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC2.14 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.23 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis3.5 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.19 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.19 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.53 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC5.46 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959