Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a nursing home located in Beverly, Massachusetts, which has 39,502 people. With an overall rating of B+, this is a high quality facility. In our view, this facility looks like a solid choice for most people. If you scroll down, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong.
Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall score, this nursing home received even higher grades in nursing. In fact, we gave it one of our best grades in this category with an A-. Our nursing category consists of a handful of components, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for inspections. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 94.81481 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is generally a solid assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 91.63% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.54 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.18 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.67 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 17.69 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 17.77 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center0.38 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis5.08 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center5.13 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers5.16 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)10.1 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fmc Services of Stoneham12.44 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis15.63 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center15.91 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740