Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a nursing home located in Beverly, Massachusetts, which has 39,502 people. With an overall rating of B, this appears to be a very respectable facility. In our view, this facility looks like a solid choice for most people. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
75 Brimbal Avenue,
Beverly MA 01915
89.16% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for the area of inspections. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing ratings are largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of B. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 92.94404 percent of its patients. This is a bit less than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home received an acceptable short-term care grade of B-. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.93% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 91.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.54 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.18 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.67 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 17.69 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 17.77 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center0.38 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis5.08 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center5.13 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers5.16 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)10.1 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fmc Services of Stoneham12.44 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis15.63 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center15.91 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740