Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Stoughton, Massachusetts, which has a population of 26,999 people. This is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. This nursing home definitely has plenty working in its favor. This place also received very consistent scores in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Stoughton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a favorable overall grade, this nursing home also received a strong long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 49.469967 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its impressive profile, this place also excelled in nursing. We gave it an B for that category. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was awarded favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In the last category we looked at, we found that this facility received a solid government inspection report this year as well. As a result, it received a decent grade in inspections with a grade of B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 6.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.24% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 28.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.17% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 74.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.34% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.34% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.56% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 10.29 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center1.15 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC1.24 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC1.9 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis8.94 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.03 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)9.22 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Quality Care Dialysis Center9.23 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility10.69 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700