Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Stoughton, Massachusetts, which has a population of 26,999 people. This is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. This nursing home definitely has plenty working in its favor. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1044 Park Street,
Stoughton MA 02072
86.52% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home performed well in long-term care. We gave it an impressive grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 51.140064 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Nursing scores are largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth area, this facility was given an acceptable short-term care grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 91.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 10.29 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center1.15 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC1.24 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC1.9 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis8.94 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.03 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)9.22 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Quality Care Dialysis Center9.23 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility10.69 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700