Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is in Cincinnati, Ohio, which offers quite a few nursing homes. We gave this facility an overall score of F. In our grading scheme, this is one of the ten worst rated facilities in Cincinnati. Given that the city offers more than 70 other facilities, you will probably be able to find an alternative here. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We didn't have any positive things to say about this facility's overall score or its category scores. This place's best category came in nursing. Nevertheless, with just a D in this category, it still performed relatively badly. There are several criteria within this category. Many of the subcategories reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is not great. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note this nursing home's rock-bottom long-term care score where it received a lowly F. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 78.62069 percent of its residents. This is several points below what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Tragically, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. In our short-term care assessment, we try to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. With its score in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Moving on our final category of inspections, this nursing home received a horrible grade. For places with poor inspection scores, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home had 10 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed significant government fines recently amounting to more than $100,000. This usually suggests that a poor performance has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cooper's Trace Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 3.55 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 9.18 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.09 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood1.65 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC1.69 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood1.77 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis1.89 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita - Silverton Dialysis2.85 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 793-0555
- Davita - Silverton Hometraining Dialysis2.85 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 1 (513) 793-4376
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC5.66 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis5.78 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326