Blount Memorial Trans Care Center is one of four nursing homes located in Maryville, Tennessee. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. We also wanted to point out that this place is based in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive healthcare services are available. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Blount Memorial Trans Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Maryville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Maryville, Tennessee Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded high marks in the category of short-term care as well. As a result, it received one of our most dominant scores in that category with a area of A. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Blount Memorial Trans Care Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. There are a host of datapoints included in this area. Many of these datapoints reflect staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category is long-term care, which is the final area we analyzed. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of D. We would like to to point out this potential weak spot, but you shouldn't over-emphasize a single bad category either. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 44.18605 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Blount Memorial Trans Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 15.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 27.91% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 35.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 7.32% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 67.55% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 23.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 23.68% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 23.68% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 15.44% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 66.41% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Maryville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maryville, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 13.88 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Dci Maryville0.92 miles away1851 Crest Rd Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 983-2212
- East Tennessee Dialysis Center1.6 miles away1629 East Broadway Avenue Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 18 (865) 681-2900
- Total Renal Care, Inc.1.77 miles away714 East Harper Street Maryville Tennessee 37804CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (865) 379-1070
- Dci Knoxville12.74 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee14.2 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Knoxville Central Dialysis14.24 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Cedar Bluff14.5 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders14.54 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516