Blount Memorial Trans Care Center is one of five nursing homes located in Maryville, Tennessee. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. We also wanted to point out that this place is based in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive healthcare services are available. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Blount Memorial Trans Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its superb short-term care score. We awarded them one of our strongest grades in that category, with a score of A. Our short-term care scores are presumably most critical for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Blount Memorial Trans Care Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. Our nursing score considers several datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. We would not necessarily disqualify a facility as a result of one weak grade though. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to only 85.71429 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Blount Memorial Trans Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who had a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 8.67% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 89.63% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Blount Memorial Trans Care Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Maryville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maryville, Tennessee has 4 other nursing homes
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 13.88 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Dci Maryville0.92 miles away1851 Crest Rd Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 983-2212
- East Tennessee Dialysis Center1.6 miles away1629 East Broadway Avenue Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 18 (865) 681-2900
- Total Renal Care, Inc.1.77 miles away714 East Harper Street Maryville Tennessee 37804CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (865) 379-1070
- Dci Knoxville12.74 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee14.2 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Knoxville Central Dialysis14.24 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Cedar Bluff14.5 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders14.54 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516