Oakmont Guest Care Center is a large facility located in Hurst, Texas. With an overall rating of C, this appears to be a respectable nursing home. At the end of the day, this place ought to be a good fit for most people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Oakmont Guest Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hurst senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's overall score was propped up by the fact that it has received favorable inspections in recent years. We awarded it a strong score in this area, with a grade of B+. This is a notably better grade than the nursing home's overall grade. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a strong score in long-term care. This nursing home earned a B+ in this area, which is one of our better scores. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Oakmont Guest Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of short-term care, this nursing home was awarded a grade of just D in this area. In computing these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The final category we scored is nursing. Sadly, it received an F for this area, which is an abysmal grade. This is certainly a significant concern. There are a variety of subcategories included in this area. Most of these criteria are tied to nurse staffing. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oakmont Guest Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients that experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oakmont Guest Care Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center1.15 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- North Hills Dialysis2.7 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Heb Dialysis Center2.9 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC3.49 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills3.81 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine5.03 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- Keller Dialysis5.25 miles away11000 Old Denton Road Keller Texas 76248Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 337-5483
- Renal Center of the Hills5.46 miles away6331 Boulevard 26 Suite 200 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 284-3343