Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab is a facility in Knoxville, Tennessee which has a population of 391,389 people. This nursing home was awarded a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor grade. This is one of the three worst nursing homes in Knoxville. With so many other facilities in the city, you should be able to do better. The best thing we can really say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility highly overall, we want to draw your attention to its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Unfortunately, this ended up being one of its better grades. Our nursing score is mostly tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its short-term care score, which is not one of our better scores. Short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Considering its abysmal score in this category, we weren't stunned to learn this nursing home offered substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was long-term care, which ended up being a low point for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility administered the vaccine to 95.519714 percent of its patients, which is a very solid percentage. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 9.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 89.05% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Knoxville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Knoxville, Tennessee has 14 other nursing homes
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.66 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.4 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 19.84 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Bio-Medical Application of Tennessee, Inc.3.56 miles away4440 Walker Blvd. Knoxville Tennessee 37917Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 687-3436
- Davita Dialysis4.65 miles away2909 E Magnolia Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 25 (865) 525-2232
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.5.19 miles away2519 E Magnolia Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 633-6052
- Fmc Powell5.32 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700
- Dci Holston River Clinic5.9 miles away5811 East Gov. John Sevier Hwy Knoxville Tennessee 37924Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 523-3755
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders7.06 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee7.57 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Dci Knoxville8.5 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944