Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care is in Chicago, Illinois, which has more than 25 nursing homes. This facility was given a strong overall score of B, leading us to rate it as one of the higher quality options in Chicago. This is an impressive achievement given that the city has plenty of good facilities. As far as we can see, this facility is a good fit for quite a few people. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its nursing rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chicago senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing grade. Nursing grades are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a patient more often.
In addition, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an B+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this category. In our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 4.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility received an acceptable long-term care grade of C. Our long-term care grades are more critical for people in need of more conventional assistance related to personal care. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated just 84.67742 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 8.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 0.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 0.84% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 16.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 19.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 81.38% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 6.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 4.06% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 4.06% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 11.83% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, 83.13% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 38 other nursing homes
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.57 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis0.9 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis1.76 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051
- Fmc - West Belmont2.7 miles away4943 W Belmont Ave. Chicago Illinois 60641CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (773) 685-7500
- Fmc - Norridge2.81 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis3.11 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center3.21 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - North Avenue Dialysis Center3.38 miles away911 W. North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (708) 344-6122
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park3.58 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780