Bethesda Dilworth is a facility located in Saint Louis, Missouri which has a total of 927,396 people. We gave this facility an overall rating of A-, making it ranked among the ten highest graded facilities in the city. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong here. As you can find below, this place also performed just fine in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A-. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the amount of time nurses spend with residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Missouri in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethesda Dilworth?
We gave this facility an impressive grade of A- for our inspections rating. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we rated is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a B+. This completed a very impressive report card. Very few nursing homes received a B+ or better in all four categories. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 61.01695 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethesda Dilworth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethesda Dilworth, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethesda Dilworth, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents who had falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethesda Dilworth, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethesda Dilworth, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethesda Dilworth, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethesda Dilworth, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethesda Dilworth, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethesda Dilworth, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethesda Dilworth, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bethesda Dilworth, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethesda Dilworth, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethesda Dilworth, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethesda Dilworth, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Crestwood Dialysis1.1 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Shrewsbury Dialysis3.35 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC4.46 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic4.47 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.48 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.77 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- South County Dialysis Center5.12 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Fenton Dialysis Center5.32 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144