Bethesda Dilworth is a facility located in Saint Louis, Missouri which has a total of 927,396 people. We gave this facility an overall rating of B+, making it ranked among the ten best facilities in the city. This facility truly has plenty working in its favor. As you can find below, this place also performed just fine in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality facility is it received a very impressive short-term care score. Short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that category, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A-. Our short-term care grade is often used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethesda Dilworth?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing score weighs quite a few components, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care, where we awarded it an above average grade of B. This facility truly does not have any weak spots. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 92.19512 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethesda Dilworth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethesda Dilworth, 3.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethesda Dilworth, 4.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which have had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethesda Dilworth, 0.25% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents who had a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethesda Dilworth, 0.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethesda Dilworth, 19.18% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethesda Dilworth, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethesda Dilworth, 92.53% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethesda Dilworth, 11.63% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethesda Dilworth, 17.96% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In Bethesda Dilworth, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethesda Dilworth, 17.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethesda Dilworth, 11.44% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethesda Dilworth, 82.84% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Crestwood Dialysis1.1 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Shrewsbury Dialysis3.35 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC4.46 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic4.47 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.48 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.77 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- South County Dialysis Center5.12 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Fenton Dialysis Center5.32 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144