Bethesda Dilworth is a facility located in Saint Louis, Missouri which has a total of 927,396 people. We gave this facility an overall rating of A-, making it ranked among the ten highest graded facilities in the city. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong here. As you can find below, this place also performed just fine in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its best category. In this area, we awarded this facility an A-. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a patient more often.
This facility has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethesda Dilworth?
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this facility was given an elite score of A- in our short-term care area. Our short-term care scores are critical for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we rated, this facility was given a very strong grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility finished off a very favorable report card. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 50.364964 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is a bit below what we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethesda Dilworth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethesda Dilworth, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethesda Dilworth, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that sustained falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethesda Dilworth, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethesda Dilworth, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethesda Dilworth, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethesda Dilworth, 4.11% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethesda Dilworth, 88.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethesda Dilworth, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethesda Dilworth, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Bethesda Dilworth, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethesda Dilworth, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethesda Dilworth, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethesda Dilworth, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Crestwood Dialysis1.1 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Shrewsbury Dialysis3.35 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC4.46 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic4.47 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.48 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.77 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- South County Dialysis Center5.12 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Fenton Dialysis Center5.32 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144