Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is located in Croton On Hudson, New York. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable rating. Based on our analysis, this place has some redeeming qualities. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Inspection grades are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable grade in our long-term care category. We gave this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.463806 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of C in this category. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
The final category we analyzed was nursing, turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this area. This really is one of the couple of weak links on an otherwise strong report card. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This particular facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This number is quite a bit below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Keller Ach (West Point)Acute Care - Department of Defense 12.06 miles away900 Washington Rd West Point New York 10996Department of Defense(845) 938-4034
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.86 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Davita Peekskill Cortlandt Dialysis Center4.81 miles away2050 East Main Street Suite 15 Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Dialysis Stations: 19 (914) 788-9326
- Yorktown Akc6.58 miles away2649 Strang Boulevard Dialysis Clinics, Inc Yorktown Heights New York 10598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (914) 962-4005
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC8.32 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis8.36 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Rockland County Dialysis10.88 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center12.1 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst12.11 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center13.67 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858