Bethel Health Care Center is a large nursing home located in Waterbury, Connecticut. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bethel Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Bethel Health Care Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Waterbury senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this place an A- for the area of inspections. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We weren't able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without having the deficiency related data for this nursing home, it is challenging to fully evaluate the place in terms of this category.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A-. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethel Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given strong scores in the area of short-term care also. In fact, we gave it one of our most dominant grades in that area with a area of A-. In calculating these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at ended up being this nursing home's poorest area. However, even in its worst category we still awarded it a decent grade of C for our long-term care category. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information on vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Waterbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away64 Robbins St Waterbury Connecticut 06721Proprietary(203) 573-6000
- Midstate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away435 Lewis Avenue Meriden Connecticut 06450Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 694-8200
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.21 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Charlotte Hungerford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away540 Litchfield St Torrington Connecticut 06790Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 496-6666
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.58 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.1 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Davita Greater Waterbury Dialysis0.65 miles away209 Highland Avenue Waterbury Connecticut 06708CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (203) 574-7933
- Davita Waterbury Dialysis Center4.45 miles away150 Mattatuck Heights Waterbury Connecticut 06705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 419-0488
- Fresenius Medical Care of Southington9.37 miles away341 West Street Plantsville Connecticut 06479Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 621-3557
- Fmc Dialysis Services Forestville11.06 miles away135 Middle Street Bristol Connecticut 06010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (860) 584-2155
- Wallingford Dialysis Care LLC14.32 miles away720 N Main Street Ext Suite 3 Wallingford Connecticut 06492Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 265-0667
- North Haven Dialysis Center14.32 miles away266 State Street Suite 2 North Haven Connecticut 06473Dialysis Stations: 15 (203) 230-1946
- Davita Hamden Dialysis14.55 miles away3000 Dixwell Avenue Suite 100 Hamden Connecticut 06518Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 281-5361
- u.s.renal Care North Haven Dialysis15.01 miles away510 Washington Avenue North Haven Connecticut 06473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 234-7071