Bethel Health Care Center is a large nursing home located in Waterbury, Connecticut. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Bethel Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Bethel Health Care Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this place an A- for the area of inspections. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We weren't able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without having the deficiency related data for this nursing home, it is challenging to fully evaluate the place in terms of this category.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A-. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethel Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a strong short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our higher grades in that area with a score of B+. In forming these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave this nursing home an acceptable grade in that area, with a grade of C. Even though this isn't as strong as a few of this nursing home's other scores, it is still nothing to be ashamed of. In our long-term care score, we look at the sheer quantity of services provided by a nursing home, as well as a series of qualitative metrics. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Finally, this nursing home excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Waterbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away64 Robbins St Waterbury Connecticut 06721Proprietary(203) 573-6000
- Midstate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away435 Lewis Avenue Meriden Connecticut 06450Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 694-8200
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.21 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Charlotte Hungerford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away540 Litchfield St Torrington Connecticut 06790Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 496-6666
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.58 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.1 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Davita Greater Waterbury Dialysis0.65 miles away209 Highland Avenue Waterbury Connecticut 06708CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (203) 574-7933
- Davita Waterbury Dialysis Center4.45 miles away150 Mattatuck Heights Waterbury Connecticut 06705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 419-0488
- Fresenius Medical Care of Southington9.37 miles away341 West Street Plantsville Connecticut 06479Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 621-3557
- Fmc Dialysis Services Forestville11.06 miles away135 Middle Street Bristol Connecticut 06010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (860) 584-2155
- Wallingford Dialysis Care LLC14.32 miles away720 N Main Street Ext Suite 3 Wallingford Connecticut 06492Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 265-0667
- North Haven Dialysis Center14.32 miles away266 State Street Suite 2 North Haven Connecticut 06473Dialysis Stations: 15 (203) 230-1946
- Davita Hamden Dialysis14.55 miles away3000 Dixwell Avenue Suite 100 Hamden Connecticut 06518Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 281-5361
- u.s.renal Care North Haven Dialysis15.01 miles away510 Washington Avenue North Haven Connecticut 06473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 234-7071