Bethany Village is a very-large non-profit nursing home located in Dayton, Ohio. With an overall grade of A, this is without a doubt a world class nursing home. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the country. Headlining this place's exemplary report card is its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its fine profile, this facility also was given a dominant short-term care grade, with a score of A. In determining our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bethany Village?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its first-rate resume, this facility also was awarded a superb long-term care score, with a grade of A-. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.87685 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't take any chances. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final category we assessed was nursing, where this nursing home received a B. Believe it or not, this proved to be this nursing home's worst area. A nursing home is doing something right when their weakest grade still outperforms most nursing homes. Our nursing score features several factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bethany Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bethany Village, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bethany Village, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bethany Village, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bethany Village, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bethany Village, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bethany Village, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bethany Village, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bethany Village, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bethany Village, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bethany Village, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bethany Village, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bethany Village, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bethany Village, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Dayton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Dayton, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.07 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Davita - Kettering Dialysis1.66 miles away5721 Bigger Road Dayton Ohio 45440Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 435-4030
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc2.22 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Fkc- Centerville Home2.25 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Davita - Dayton South Dialysis4.23 miles away4700 Springboro Pike Dayton Ohio 45439Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 294-7188
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton South4.54 miles away3030 S Dixie Drive Dayton Ohio 45409Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 296-1171
- Davita - Dayton East at Home6.76 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East6.76 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East6.83 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859